Books are a great decorating accessory. They're plentiful, inexpensive, and versatile. Of course, you want to decorate with hardcover books. Leather bound may be the right look or colorful covers and spines. Scour estate sales, garage sales, used bookstores and more if you want to find the right styles. Here are a few ideas of how you can decorate with books.
1) Bookshelves. Of course, you use books on bookshelves, but don't just cram books in. Arrange by size or color. Vary the heights. Lay some down on their sides while others stand up vertically.
2) Color. Display a collection of books on shelves, mantels, and more by color. Group blues, reds, hot pinks, golds in groups and then segregate into colorful groups.
3) Tables. Casually lay a few books on top of a table. Lean a few under the top in the storage or display areas. Scatter across a large coffee table.
4) Cookbooks. Use cookbooks in open kitchen cabinets, island ends, or on top of countertops.
5) Border a room. Fill a shelf 18 inches from the ceiling with books for interest, warmth, and to create a studious or library look.
There are more ways you can use books in your decorating. I've even seen filling a non-working fireplace with them. Just let your imagination go. What ideas do you have?