I've modified their directions a bit, so here are my step-by-step instructions:
1) Cut off any fringe from an end you intend to join to another rug.
2) Butt the two short ends of two rugs together and join with a large zig zag stitch.
3) Using heavy duty bias tape, lay it on the BACK side of the two rugs and cover the seam of the butted ends.
4) Sew the tape down on BOTH sides of the seam and ends. Turn the tape under on both ends to form a finished look.
5) Repeat steps 1 - 4 as many times as you want to sew rugs together.
This will give you a colorful runner or rug for indoor or out!