Yes, you can. Sherwin Williams has a new paint called Vinyl Safe Color Technologies that you can use to paint vinyl. Even darker colors that will buckle with other paints. This special formula doesn't peel, fade, or chip. And it comes in 100 colors. So if you're tired of the "classic" 1990s tan vinyl that 80% of your neighborhood has (the remaining 20% is, of course, white), then check out this new product. Seach the Sherwin Williams site for "vinyl safe" for more information.